Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Memories

It is hard to believe that it's almost time to take down and store the Christmas decorations until the Holidays return again in 2011. It seems like they just went up! It has been a very short season this year since work has been very busy and the travel has been considerable since the first of November.

I guess for many of us, no matter how many Christmases we'll get... it'll never be enough. For me it is "the most wonderful time of the year!" I hate to see it end as we head into the remaining long dark days of winter.

Since it's New Years Eve I'm trying to get my last fix from the lights and ornaments filling the tree since in a matter of hours it will all be packed away again.


It's always amazing to me how many vivid memories and the stories connect to so many of the ornaments on our tree. Moments in time, places, people and events come flooding back with both the unpacking and re-wrapping on New Years Day.

No comments: