Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Beautiful Fall

Why does the changing of the leaves and the shortening of the day bring thoughts and memories of days gone gone by? My mind seems to be clearer and a little more open to reflection and a little less filled with work and worry.

Another year will soon be coming to a close. A year of tumultuous change, upheaval and stress in some ways, but exciting and rewarding in others.

The stress of being in an industry that has been under the microscope for sometime and the pressure of uncertainty along with departmental changes and large doses of outsourcing has been a challenge for me and many of my peers.

I have a good friend who talks about living in the moment and being fully engaged in whatever activity you doing and that's where the true state of happiness can be found, the perfect state... Zen. I don't know that I can find this place or ever truly be "in the moment" but I'm working on it... and it seems to help!

No comments: